<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Christy Kingham</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Christy Kingham</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/10112</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/10112/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Manifesto</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/24060?scroll_to=243974</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/24060?scroll_to=243974</guid>
      <description>I agree with this entirely and also connect it back to the article from yesterday.  </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:31:02 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>interesting point...instead of 144 credits it's 100 badges etc...</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/24060?scroll_to=243970</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/24060?scroll_to=243970</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:28:33 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>R2D2</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242532</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242532</guid>
      <description>I heard this too- my reaction then, as now is if the computer scores student tests we will teach them how to take the test so the computer gives them a high score. It will be even less of a measure than it already is. (Though I know this is tertiary to your point...)</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:31:16 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Speaking out of both sides of our mouth...</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242512</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242512</guid>
      <description>I have the same questions, and find the theorizing and grandstanding about preparing our students in such great disparity with the reality of the tests we put before them.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:29:31 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Measurement of Success</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242510</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242510</guid>
      <description>We can not honestly find standardized large-scale measurements of student intelligence or growth.  (Small scale, yes) So how on earth are we comparing student success across countries? (No pun intended with the &quot;how on earth&quot;)</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:28:20 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Long for the 1950's! </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242506</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242506</guid>
      <description>I hear you, Jim, I think that it's up to our generation of teachers to break this 1950's nostalgia. I have friends that reminisce about high school english class, and when I ask them what books they actually read they say 1-2 over the four years.  This is a bit of a sidebar, but I think my point is that nostalgia is a part of human nature and unless we show students varied methods and approaches it will just perpetuate.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:25:47 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Who is going to pay for equal access? Rosario? Jeb?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242499</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242499</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 23 Nov 2014 04:47:11 -0800</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Google, interoperable</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242497</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=242497</guid>
      <description>The interoperable aspect is an element I am so often frustrated with. Google, for example has a lot of platforms and operations, but there is so much flexibility in other programs. Google is growing and adapting, but I can't wait for it to be better, and neither can my students. If a site or platform is REALLY amazing at doing the thing it does (I think of GoodReads) I will stick with the independent platforms over the one umbrella that is just eh at everything.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 23 Nov 2014 04:47:11 -0800</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>This becomes a mental model shift for teachers.  They are not at the center, and this can feel uncomfortable at first. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=241039</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=241039</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:24:23 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree- I think that has to be carefully planned and coached for success. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=241038</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/23658?scroll_to=241038</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:24:23 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
