<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Angela Tenette</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Angela Tenette</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/124822</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/124822/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Vocabulary Instruction</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/40909?scroll_to=2852427</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/40909?scroll_to=2852427</guid>
      <description>In light of the fact that this text is to be read by third graders, I would focus on the words with multiple meanings: shell, speaker, and hide. In addition, I would direct the students' focus to the structure of the words drumhead, drumbeat, and higher-pitched. I would begin by using the text talk read-aloud method. I would briefly define the focus words during the reading, followed by a fuller introduction to the words afterwards. I would discuss multiple meanings and ask the students to state what they know about the more common meaning of the word as well as how the word is used in the text. We would then discuss what the multiple meanings of each word have in common. We would also come up with some other uses of the multiple meaning words in different contexts. We would then discuss the characteristics of the three closed and hyphenated compound words in the text. To extend their understanding of the multiple meaning words, I would present pictures representing those words in different contexts. I would ask the students to pick two pictures and explain how each picture represents a different aspect of the same word.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:55:35 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
