<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Nia Bolling</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Nia Bolling</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/12969</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/12969/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Her discovering her perfect home is setting up the stage for her end. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331550</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331550</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:51:56 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Based off of the biblical reference, I expect a story about a journey of self-discovery and survival.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331549</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331549</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:54 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Quotations also make a narrative more credible and valid. It gives evidence to what the author is conveying.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331548</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331548</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:53 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Quotations paint a more vivid picture for the reader. Makes the narrative more realistic by expressing sentiment and emotions.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331547</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331547</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:53 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>No, their POV's are not equally represented because the focus is on the one who ended their live over the situation, Ms. Plath.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331546</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25279?scroll_to=331546</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:53 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331545</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331545</guid>
      <description>I completely agree. Writing like this gives me life. There's so many layers to unfold that it truly requires a few re readings for you to grasp everything that was written. I read Moby Dick during my freshman year here at Baruch and there's still some things that I didn't catch on to. Plan on rereading it sometime soon and I recommend you read this, if you haven't already! Great themes and motifs and overall impressive writing!</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 28 Mar 2015 01:55:06 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Milton, Melville connection</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331544</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331544</guid>
      <description>I read Moby Dick as well, the same semester I read Paradise Lost. It was a while back so I don't remember the exact correlation. But my assumption would be that the sea is Ishmael's paradise and by the end of the story, he looses it, just like Satan lost his Paradise (heaven) in Milton's narrative. </description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:54 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Milton</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331543</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331543</guid>
      <description>I read Milton's &quot;Paradise Lost&quot; my freshman year at Baruch. Great narrative. I'm pretty familiar with the bible as well so to note its similarities was quite interesting. I still have the copy if anyone's interested in borrowing.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:54 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Land vs. Sea</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331542</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331542</guid>
      <description>Land vs sea is such an interesting dichotomy. Ishmael's experience on land is a dry one. There's no excitement and things to keep him interested. The stagnation of his life on land makes him depressed because he realizes that there is no place to venture or explore. Everything is so routine. However, on the sea, nothing is predictable. Change is fluid and the unknown nature of the sea excites Ishmael. This adventure helps pull Ishmael out of his misery and into a new world of possibilities.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:39:28 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I definitely agree he's hinting at suicidal thoughts. He sees no value in staying on land so he escapes to the &quot;sea of life&quot; to find meaning. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331525</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30622?scroll_to=331525</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:54 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I think it's great that your wife primarily edits your writing. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327491</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327491</guid>
      <description>You both have a great deal of knowledge of each other which means she understands your writing styles, frame of reference, habits (both good and bad) which only leads to better and more efficient editing. </description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:52 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>To add, these two new factors will be integrated into Susan's writing life. She quickly notes the benefits of having a new name/identity to fit her emerging writing lifestyle. Also, the benefit of his perspective on travel can influence her writing.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327490</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327490</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>To finally address the missing piece of the puzzle.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327489</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327489</guid>
      <description>I think the reference of the mother all the way down in the 4th paragraph is great for several reasons. It could have been addressed during the first lonely reference but instead the author chooses to build the characters up more before the mothers introduction.By giving such insight on Sontag and Rose, it erases not only the mothers role in her life but the mothers being in total and replaces that mother figure with that of the nanny's. The question in graph 4 is a quick and somewhat needed reminder for readers to pull that question of the actual mother from the back of their minds. This experience may not seem true for all readers but it can be a possibility. </description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Someone she looks up to and wants to be like. Someone who is more focused on the art than the honor received. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327488</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327488</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Sudden realization</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327487</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327487</guid>
      <description>She is beginning to realize some truths about the relationships in her life that is giving her a more positive perspective.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Reading became her life</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327486</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327486</guid>
      <description>It was a way to escape the insatiable life she's had and it brought her excitement. She began to own the stories she read and made those experiences as her own.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Thirst for knowledge</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327485</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327485</guid>
      <description>Is it possible that watching and growing up with an illiterate nanny is the reason for her desire curiosity of such truths and wants to explore such knowledge? Seeing someone in close proximity to you suffer on a daily basis by lack of knowledge can be a huge motivating factor.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 21 Mar 2015 02:33:38 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Foreshadow regrets</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327483</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327483</guid>
      <description>I also foreshadow some regrets for Sontag for wanted to grow up so soon. But I will read on.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 21 Mar 2015 02:33:38 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Control</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327482</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327482</guid>
      <description>Her control over the story is a reflection of the only control she had over her inner life, since her outer life was so dissatisfying and unwanted.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Also, not just the fact that she remembered this at a young age isn't the only thing that's shocking. The content of what she remembered is just as impressive. The vocabulary used in the memory were extremely advanced for a 4 year old to remember</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327481</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327481</guid>
      <description>with words such as &quot;high-strung&quot; and &quot;interesting.&quot; It makes you wonder if she even understands what those words mean. And if she didn't understand, then why did this particular sentence stick with her in memory? </description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 21 Mar 2015 02:33:38 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I was thinking the exact same thing. I barely could remember things from middle school, so this child definitely impressed me.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327480</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/25280?scroll_to=327480</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 21 Mar 2015 02:33:38 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Don't feel bad Gil. I'm in the same boat. I've had an idea for a book for over a year now and literally just began working on it a few months ago. The procrastination is real. But I also think that it has to do with our position as college students. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314092</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314092</guid>
      <description>It's hard to dedicate 100% to a book when you have so many other school assignments/extra-curricular activities to focus on.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:19 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I think too much consumption of TV can be a distraction and can hinder creativity. But I think in proper dosages, it can be used as inspiration for writing.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314091</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314091</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:18 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree Katherine. This rule doesn't make sense to me. TV is a medium to understanding what is going on in the world around you. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314090</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314090</guid>
      <description>If I were publishing a book, I would want my writing to be in line with the themes and issues in today's society and TV can be drawn as an inspiration to do just that. If there is a disconnect between what you're writing and the world around you, then how is that going to be beneficial to the reader?</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:19 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I completely agree. To me, vulnerability is one of the biggest factors to being a good writer. In fiction/nonfiction, taking risks, skimming the lines of controversial topics, revealing not so spoken about truths are what make great writing. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314089</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/30612?scroll_to=314089</guid>
      <description>Writing is meant to push limits and if what I'm reading doesn't do that then it's not as fulfilling of an experience.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:46:18 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
