<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Karen Fasimpaur</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Karen Fasimpaur</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/13425</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/13425/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Oops, guess I missed most of this. I'll watch the archive.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/62562?scroll_to=593670</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/62562?scroll_to=593670</guid>
      <description>(How is this use of NowComment for chat during TTT going? Is this going to be a standard format?)</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 16 Jul 2023 16:47:55 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>exactly!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412163</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412163</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:59:19 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412162</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412162</guid>
      <description>Maybe the police officers need training on how else to deal with problems (or maybe they need to find different jobs -- not everyone is cut out for this work)</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:59:06 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>male/female</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412161</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412161</guid>
      <description>When I watched this, I didn't think of the male/female issue...I just thought about power structures and who's &quot;in charge.&quot;</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:58:07 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>put yourself in their place</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412160</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412160</guid>
      <description>Good point...how would we feel if someone did this to someone in our family?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:57:21 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>proportional response</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412159</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412159</guid>
      <description>It seem to me that there could have been other ways to handle this, no?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:55:25 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>other ways</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412158</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412158</guid>
      <description>Might there have been other ways to get the phone without throwing her on the ground?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:54:48 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412157</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41001?scroll_to=412157</guid>
      <description>Yes, no one (female or male) should be treated that way in my opinion. Did it bother you that the other kids just watched that happen? I wonder if they did or said anything. (Hard to tell in the video)</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:10:27 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>video link</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412142</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412142</guid>
      <description>Some videos at http://rjoyoakland.org/videos/</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:49:08 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>experience with restorative justice at your school?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412141</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412141</guid>
      <description>This Oakland school has students in Youth Voices. Wondering if anyone reading this has first hand experience with restorative justice at their school. What is it like? Does it work? What are the problems?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:45:43 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>egalitarianism</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412140</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412140</guid>
      <description>Can you think of examples in our society where everyone is treated as equals and they make decisions as a group? I can't think of many...</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:43:07 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>investment</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412139</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412139</guid>
      <description>Yes, restorative justice takes time and commitment. It seems easier to just expel students, but what are the long term results of that?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:41:44 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Does your school feel like a &quot;fortress?&quot;</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412138</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412138</guid>
      <description>Are these things that are happening at your school? How do you feel about them? Do they make your school safer? Do they cause problems?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:40:24 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>zero tolerance</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412136</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/41024?scroll_to=412136</guid>
      <description>What do you think about &quot;zero tolerance&quot; (for students or adults in society? Is it a good thing? Is it &quot;fair?&quot;</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:39:11 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>yes</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35845?scroll_to=348152</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35845?scroll_to=348152</guid>
      <description>That seems key.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 10 Aug 2015 17:21:10 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>hmmm...</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35845?scroll_to=348151</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35845?scroll_to=348151</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 10 Aug 2015 17:20:06 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>age</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35845?scroll_to=348150</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35845?scroll_to=348150</guid>
      <description>Do you agree that self-development mostly takes place between the ages of 16 and 30? I'm not so sure.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:17:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>grammar</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347743</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347743</guid>
      <description>I learned &quot;traditional&quot; grammar, including diagramming sentences only in college. Everyone else had learned it as young children, and I felt lost.

On a related note, I just talked with a young person who was fluent in Spanish but didn't think she could CLEP out of it because of her lack of academic skills in the language.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:17:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>mandatoriness</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347742</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347742</guid>
      <description>I wonder how the mandatory nature of school works against integration? Does there seem to be some element of self-direction or volition necessary to make this work?</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:17:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>secondary vs elem</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347741</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347741</guid>
      <description>Curious about whether this is meant to apply to secondary education differently than earlier years?</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 05 Aug 2015 10:04:27 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>ELA</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347740</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347740</guid>
      <description>I'm not sure ELA is a &quot;discipline&quot; as Beane describes them.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 04 Aug 2015 17:28:46 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>overlap</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347739</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347739</guid>
      <description>It's interesting to me to think about how much overlap there is between subject area knowledge as it is currently defined and the knowledge we need to pursue issues of ourselves and our world. 

Top of the head % guesses anyone?</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:17:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>friction</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347738</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/35744?scroll_to=347738</guid>
      <description>Agreed, but doesn't Beane himself seem antagonistic toward subject area/discipline learning?</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 08 Aug 2015 08:45:07 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>what to do with your time</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/33490?scroll_to=335217</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/33490?scroll_to=335217</guid>
      <description>Everyone has the same 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. How we choose to spend it is just that - a choice.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:34:45 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>a new project</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/33490?scroll_to=335216</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/33490?scroll_to=335216</guid>
      <description>I love this! It is (always) true and provides a reminder to yourself as well as an answer to others about why you can't say yes to everything.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:34:00 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>broadband access</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/33708?scroll_to=334832</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/33708?scroll_to=334832</guid>
      <description>This is one of the top rural policy priorities in my opinion. Rural households are particularly underserved, and in many cases, there aren't the community-based options that exist in more populated areas.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 04 Aug 2015 06:30:35 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>tech + rural schools</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/33708?scroll_to=334830</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/33708?scroll_to=334830</guid>
      <description>I have seen some amazing use of technology in rural schools. In NM, for example, there is extensive use of distance learning, and all high school students are required to take an online course. This gives access to things like AP courses that aren't otherwise offered and also gives students important online experience that they'll be likely to use and need later.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 13 Apr 2015 17:44:46 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>giving access to best teachers</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/33708?scroll_to=334828</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/33708?scroll_to=334828</guid>
      <description>I'm not sure this is the most valuable use of technology, but I guess that depends on what kind of approach you take.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 13 Apr 2015 17:43:08 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>guilty</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323360</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323360</guid>
      <description>I think we can feel guilty for the sins of our ancestors, even if we weren't personally involved. It would be unfeeling not to imo.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:06:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>privilege</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323359</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323359</guid>
      <description>I love these words &quot;Not having to think about something sounds like a pretty amazing privilege.&quot;</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:06:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>nagging obsessions</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323357</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323357</guid>
      <description>I often feel this obsession with how others perceive me or what others think. Instead, I'd prefer to focus on the underlying injustices (if they exist) and not think so much about others think about me, which doesn't really matter. </description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:06:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>separation imposed from the outside</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323356</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/32366?scroll_to=323356</guid>
      <description>How many of us have felt this sudden separation from our peers imposed from the outside based on some manifestation privilege? These divisions based on power structures come in many forms, race, gender, education, age, education, etc. </description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:06:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>a matter of personal style?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/31662?scroll_to=321748</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/31662?scroll_to=321748</guid>
      <description>I agree that many things are not worth arguing about, but I think it's a matter of personal style whether one can set aside the issue and emotion involved. I have been involved in disputes where one side or the other has suggested a &quot;settlement&quot; or even given in completely, only to have the other refuse to accept that. I think that is sometimes how arguments turn into long-lasting feuds. </description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:06:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
