<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Maggie Trimble</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Maggie Trimble</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/14032</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/14032/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Essay Grading Software has a place in the classroom, but can't be given total autonomy over the essay grading process.  </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/33800?scroll_to=336160</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/33800?scroll_to=336160</guid>
      <description>I understand the benefits that a automated grading system for essays could bring. This could be quick feedback and lack of bias. Despite this, having a computer grade my essay would make me uncomfortable as a student. The article admitted that this software still has a long way to go and honestly I do not see a computer being more accurate than a trained professional who understands the context and the assignment. However, I do think that it would be beneficial to use both. The teacher could use the software to check things that the teacher could have missed or to gain different perspective. The teacher could also let the students have one re-do by using the software which could help the students better understand their grammar mistakes and overall writing style. So, I do see a place for this software, but I do not think the teacher should be totally left out of grading essays. -Maggie Trimble </description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:20:39 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
