<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Amy Shusta</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Amy Shusta</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/144536</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/144536/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Agreed</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293370</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293370</guid>
      <description>There is something so great about having a conversation with a good friend, colleague, or family member, and getting into a space where ideas spark more ideas.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:28:45 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Yes!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293369</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293369</guid>
      <description>I love this thought.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:30:42 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Yes!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293368</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293368</guid>
      <description>How do we teach this to students who are glued to those smartphones which provide any piece of specialist knowledge on demand?</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:25:12 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>More time? Maybe not</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293367</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293367</guid>
      <description>Unfortunately, I am unsure whether this is true.  My friends and family members in the medical field appear more and more inundated with work  and complain about less and less time with patients as time passes.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:42:20 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Humanity</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293366</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293366</guid>
      <description>This is great insight.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:22:48 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Good Q</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293364</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293364</guid>
      <description>Such a great question for teachers, especially considering the rise of AI...but empathy can never be replaced.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:21:53 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Knowledge vs. Understanding</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293358</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293358</guid>
      <description>This is such an important element of teaching.  Even years in, I must remind myself that just because knowledge is shared with my students, this does not mean understanding has occurred.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:16:37 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Beautiful</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293355</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293355</guid>
      <description>I love this paragraph.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:13:40 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>My take</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293354</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293354</guid>
      <description>Yes, it's important for me to consider what's relevant to my work when I'm listening to a talk, but sometimes I love being exposed to topics that have absolutely nothing to do with my work.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:11:48 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>This!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293347</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293347</guid>
      <description>This is so true, honestly.  I have been creating more opportunities for my students to verbally present their knowledge, and your point is so important to keep in mind.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:06:11 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Reply</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293345</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293345</guid>
      <description>Agreed.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:58:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Response</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293344</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293344</guid>
      <description>But what if two people have differing pre-existing concepts of an elephant, a giant orange parrot, dancing, and shuffling?  The image will always be slightly different for all.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:57:50 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Reply</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293340</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293340</guid>
      <description>Anne Marie, that's great insight.  I think this paragraph relates perfectly to your research topic.  You have asked so many good questions about it, and maybe those questions have created the blueprint, as you point out.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:24:53 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Important</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293332</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293332</guid>
      <description>I think this is important to convey to students, especially in the writing classroom.  Sometimes they don't feel as if their experiences have been important enough, impactful enough, or unique enough to be written about.  I always try to inspire them that their experiences are unique, but I like this perspective on it that there is further insight to be drawn from those unique experiences.  I wish kids believed this more.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 23 Apr 2024 08:03:17 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Connection</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293331</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293331</guid>
      <description>In my other grad class, we recently watched Freeman Hrabowski's 2016 Convocation Speech to the Harvard Graduate School of Education, during which says that his students inspired him to believe in himself by reminding him that people will always listen &quot;if you have something to say&quot; and if &quot;you are authentic.&quot;  I think this connects directly to having an idea to share, and it is so important to remember when we wonder whether our voices need to be heard.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 22 Apr 2024 19:57:52 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Love!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293326</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293326</guid>
      <description>I love this quote.  It reminds me of the high school teachers I had who clearly loved their content; I always admired how clear that was through their teaching, and it made me appreciate the content that much more as a student.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 23 Apr 2024 07:56:12 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Question</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293321</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293321</guid>
      <description>This implies that we have a say, but how do we protect our ideas?  Especially in a world of social media, sharing, and many living in a way of &quot;imitation being the sincerest form of flattery,&quot; it seems difficult to feel a sense of ownership over our ideas at times.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:27:43 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Laughter as social bonding</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293319</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293319</guid>
      <description>There is truly such a feeling of social bonding when you are really, truly laughing with someone; I have never stopped to think about this idea before.  When I've genuinely laughed with someone, I usually feel more connected socially to that person.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:13:56 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Reply</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293318</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293318</guid>
      <description>I love this, Cameron.  Further, I think one of my new goals as an educator is to also open myself to seeing things differently as a result of my students' realizations.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 22 Apr 2024 19:49:11 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Reply</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293317</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/371252?scroll_to=3293317</guid>
      <description>I like the idea that the &quot;evolutionary purpose&quot; of laughter is &quot;to convert social stress into pleasurable alignment&quot; and wonder about the ethos here, as well.  Is this Anderson's summary of Sophie's core idea, or are these her exact words?</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:08:27 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
