<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Mehtab Mann</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Mehtab Mann</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/2226</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/2226/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>I like the reinforcement of the rules through several iterations (she makes mistakes and you correct her, she watches others make mistakes and corrects them, she watches you make mistakes and corrects you)</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/4621?scroll_to=21805</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/4621?scroll_to=21805</guid>
      <description>Is her goal to learn the rules of the game or to play the game well? It seems the goal of your lesson is for her to learn the game, but not necessarily to play it well. Maybe you can incorporate a practice session where she works on aiming to improve her performance?</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 08 Oct 2012 10:51:26 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Great point. I think I should rethink the two hour structure. Maybe I can find a story that captures some of the emotional/greeting words I had in the first lesson into a thematic story about dancing. Thanks for the idea Erica :)</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/4655?scroll_to=21786</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/4655?scroll_to=21786</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 09 Oct 2012 02:15:59 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>This is a really interesting point and one that I have been thinking a lot about as I read. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/4667?scroll_to=19862</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/4667?scroll_to=19862</guid>
      <description>I also think about the trend towards the divergence between age of emotional maturation and age of physical maturation that we looked at in class. 

We hear about teenage kings and martyrs and soldiers in the past who definitely don't fit into our stereotypes about adolescence (or at least, what survived in history about their lives doesn't). 

Maybe the categorization of people into so many developmental stages is not only in response to modern theory but also to the modern phenomenon of our delayed emotional maturation.

Do adolescents mature earlier in cultures that don't fixate on adolescence as ours does?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 02 Oct 2012 20:56:17 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I also had trouble with the emphasis Lesko put on issues of power in terms of how people talk about adolescence (ie &quot;coming of age&quot;). </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/4667?scroll_to=19859</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/4667?scroll_to=19859</guid>
      <description>I thought about how society doesn't allow adolescents or children to do several things that adults are allowed to do (vote, drive) because there is an assumed (and usually accurate) inability to successfully do those activities. 

Most of these exceptions seem appropriate to me. Maybe issues of dominance come into play in adolescence because we expect children not to act like adults but we EXPECT ADOLESCENTS TO ACT LIKE ADULTS and view them as inferior when they don't.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:01:59 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
