<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Kevin Holland</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Kevin Holland</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/42132</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/42132/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>I'm not sure I agree with the &quot;grit&quot; thing--the problem is that most workplaces are toxic and treat people like human beings--</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/106075?scroll_to=1048791</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/106075?scroll_to=1048791</guid>
      <description>but I do think it could become a big problem if students flock to online classes in droves.  They could easily forget how to interact with peers and teachers and treat the internet as their social bubble.  I definitely agree that social media has brought out the worst in pretty much everybody who uses it.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:35:40 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I don't know.  I think online programs are popular because students don't have to leave their homes.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/106075?scroll_to=1048153</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/106075?scroll_to=1048153</guid>
      <description>I think students--even adult college students--are unaware of how underpaid many teachers are.  Many college professors are adjuncts and have to work at multiple universities just to stay afloat.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:25:21 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>This is a major point I don't see anybody talking about with regard to online education.  Private companies and charter schools are coming in with computer-based curricula and making heaps of money off the government, all the while paying teachers little.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/106075?scroll_to=1047825</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/106075?scroll_to=1047825</guid>
      <description>I think online schooling K-12 can work for the right type of student, but underpaying teachers is inexcusable.  Just because a class is virtual and the lessons are pre-prepared through a streaming site doesn't mean the teacher doesn't work extremely hard.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 24 Jul 2018 13:52:57 -0700</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
