<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Nancy Hajduk</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Nancy Hajduk</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/49602</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/49602/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>I'm going to display my &quot;oldness&quot; here. =)</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060675</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060675</guid>
      <description>I find this intriguing simply because of my years of teaching. I remember most of these being stated decades ago. With the exception of &quot;digital literacy&quot;, the others have been deemed a requirement for as long as I can remember. Of course, &quot;citizenship&quot; never referred to digital citizenship, but you still needed to learn citizenship to be a productive member of society. Problem solving and critical thinking have been buzz words in our field off and on for years. I think there are varying levels to all of these. I'm wondering if more emphasis is put on some rather than others when it comes to certain fields. Which leans toward your question of are there exceptions? Does everyone really need all of these to contribute to a society? I'm leaning toward no, at least not to a full extent. </description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:16:35 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Interesting statement!!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060615</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060615</guid>
      <description>This ties in with our conversations this week in Zoom. I wonder if too many teachers get comfortable in their plans and are afraid to step out of that. Many are also not trained in this as they went to school years/decades ago and have failed to truly keep up. Sometimes old habits are hard to break. Sometimes it's too hard to fight your own self-expertise ranking in technology and 21st century skills. =(</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:20:15 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>This is a big part of my dissertation.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060593</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060593</guid>
      <description>I lean heavily toward creativity being supported and fostered as opposed to taught. In order to provide the environment and opportunities for creativity, we need to examine the roll of technology in today's classroom. Does it help or hinder? I can see cases where it supports creative thought, particularly in collaborative work. But there certainly seems to be times where it hinders as well. Part of creativity lies in imagining. As Mike mentioned in class last week, we first start to imagine when we read a story. Technology can take this step away as it easily allows us to find digital renditions of scenes that we would historically have imagined. I think the roll of technology is still being explored and that will need to continue as tech is often one step ahead of us.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:12:36 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I absolutely believe that openness to experiences is crucial in being creative. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060587</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/224569?scroll_to=2060587</guid>
      <description>We pull from our experiences in all that we do. It would be difficult at best to look at something and imagine what it could be without relying on past experiences. In order to build our knowledge base to draw from we need to be open to new experiences and be willing to engage in them.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:08:28 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>How does this equation impact your decision in which method to choose for solving this system?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/160424?scroll_to=1528185</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/160424?scroll_to=1528185</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:31:02 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>How does this equation impact your decision in which method to choose for solving this system?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/160424?scroll_to=1528184</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/160424?scroll_to=1528184</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 22 Nov 2019 12:30:49 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>We've studied three different methods for solving systems at this point. Is there a particular one that's best to choose for this system? Are there drawbacks to choosing a different method? What should we look for when deciding which method to use?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/160424?scroll_to=1526225</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/160424?scroll_to=1526225</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 20 Nov 2019 12:44:22 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Need more time...</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/135866?scroll_to=1317301</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/135866?scroll_to=1317301</guid>
      <description>This sentence sums up quite a bit!! How well teachers are prepared is the key, and this requires more than just one PD. It also requires time (that all-precious commodity we lack) to explore and work with the technology in order to integrate it with our content knowledge and pedagogical knowledge.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 07 Apr 2019 10:33:33 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Measuring interest is not the same as deep impact.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/135866?scroll_to=1317300</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/135866?scroll_to=1317300</guid>
      <description>In reality, the post-PD surveys are just measuring whether the presenter sparked interest for us to explore more and attempt to use the new tool presented. Yes, we need to have the motivation that we can get from a good PD, but other measures need to take place to determine if we are then actually going to put it into practice and in a way that enhances the learning. 

Personally, I think these measures I would think could be both quantitative and qualitative, but I'd really rather see observation here to determine how the info from the PD is used.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 07 Apr 2019 10:37:53 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Yes! I love that webinar! She discussed the &quot;engaged learning&quot; that increases with collaboration. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211473</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211473</guid>
      <description>Students working together often reach higher levels of critical thinking as well. This collaborative work also allows children to see others as resources and to become resources themselves. And doesn't this all help to build autonomous learners? Certainly as Melissa points out, it's okay at times to work alone as well. I think the material and learning goals need to drive this decision, not the tech tool.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:13:55 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I loved this too!! If anything, we should be a valuable resource for our children. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211468</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211468</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:10:46 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Having national or state standards, common core, etc., has always been an issue and pushed back against as she mentioned.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211460</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211460</guid>
      <description>Clearly we need some sort of guidelines to ensure children in each state are being taught what's needed. However, these sets of standards and curriculum reform (which is ongoing) will need parental and community support to thrive. Incorporating tech in the curriculum may be helpful, but it certainly won't guarantee that its use will extend, enhance, or engage learning. </description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:05:55 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Collaborative learning has definitely been hurt by 1:1, but the 1:1 has differentiated learning. This is a big part of &quot;personalized&quot; as well.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211436</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/125308?scroll_to=1211436</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 25 Jan 2019 15:40:01 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
