<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Stacey James</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Stacey James</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/65703</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/65703/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Yes the disparity is worrying, but on the other hand, the creativity that is enabled due to certain circumstances is amazing to see. #creativity</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/198743?scroll_to=1851348</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/198743?scroll_to=1851348</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:56:59 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Interesting video. I like that Education Technology is not about Technology, but education. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/198743?scroll_to=1851337</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/198743?scroll_to=1851337</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:55:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I guess this is where perception comes in, from what angle do you choose to see investment in Education? However, if a tool helps you to have an edge whether comparing to yourself or others, why not? His viewpoints were eye opening.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570155</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570155</guid>
      <description>It is always good hearing other perspectives, whether or not I agree with them.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 22 Jan 2020 22:31:47 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Agreed Caitlyn, that would be wise. However, way too often, it is not the faculty and students (users of the product) who are evaluating it. Therefore there is this cycle of implementation by Administrators who fall mostly for the analytics &amp; sales pitch.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570153</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570153</guid>
      <description>Usually it is implemented and used, not necessarily with a comparison to other products, that are tested by pilot groups. Instead pilot groups are implemented to work out the kinks, because regardless that is the tool chosen by the institution. My questions is how do we convince the institutions that is not beneficial to anyone?</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 22 Jan 2020 22:28:40 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>That is my concern, why isn't technology, a tool that should solve a problem not something faculty and students are excited about when introduced? It suggests that the point of it or the narrative surrounding the technology is not accurate.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570151</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570151</guid>
      <description>It should be more than a hype, but seen as a wealth of possibilities that essentially tackles and eradicates certain issues constantly faced in academia. The question is are we using it appropriately? A constant question I have with EdTech.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 26 Jan 2020 23:25:56 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Selwyn's video shares the sentiments I currently experience with my colleagues, where they believe engaging in technology is more of a trend, it doesn't really promote learning. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570150</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/164891?scroll_to=1570150</guid>
      <description>The assumptions are that institutions, faculty and students are told it creates a sense of community, however, it is a commercialized product that is given value and a sense of importance. Worthwhile for a self-directed learner.

I agreed that EdTech is monetized and commercialized, as the new &quot;it&quot; thing and the good it can provide is often overlooked or lost in the sea of possibilities. His arguments makes sense and I can understand the skepticism, but it is through the skepticism that I believe we can get to the core of EdTech's contribution.

I believe I need further research and exposure to essentially disagree, I found myself asking many times, if this is true? Or  is this purely opinionated or based on heavy research that EdTech really doesn't add value. Is it quantifiable?

Selwyn uses the term &quot;excessive&quot;, in terms of EdTech's implementation. I believe that is a word that resonates and something I wish to focus on, not to make it excessive but relevant.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:16:03 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
