<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Isabel Ramirez</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Isabel Ramirez</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/79122</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/79122/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>I disagree. This is because Apothecary did not have to give him the poison even after telling Romeo the consequences of using it.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897891</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897891</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 13:09:11 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with Isha. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897890</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897890</guid>
      <description>I feel like both Friar Lawrence and the Nurse should be held accountable for their roles in Romeo and Juliet's death but I do not think death is a good punishment. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 13:07:17 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with Vanesa's statement.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897889</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897889</guid>
      <description>The apothecary knew what would happen if Romeo took the poison and he could have not given it to Romeo. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 13:03:29 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>If I was Juliet, I would have doubts about the potion. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897888</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897888</guid>
      <description>This is because Friar continues to only care/save himself and while doing so, he does not care who gets hurt in the process. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 13:00:58 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I blame fate because I feel like everyone's actions made it possible for this to happen. And it seems like it had to occur in order for the feud to be resolved.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897887</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897887</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:57:35 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I blame Capulet and Montague for the deaths of Romeo and Juliet.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897880</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897880</guid>
      <description>This is because they are the heads of both the households and they could have ended the feud a long time ago. But, because of their blinding hatred for each other, they allowed it to continue and it resulted in the death of their children.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:54:48 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with Vanesa. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897876</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897876</guid>
      <description>I feel that Capulet's parenting style was very strict towards Juliet. For instance, he said he would drag her to the church in order to get married to Paris and he called her a coward because she opposed. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:50:47 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Romeo's reaction to his punishment was that he was very sad and fearful. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897872</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897872</guid>
      <description>Romeo felt that he should be die because of what he did to Tybalt.  </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:45:51 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>The speaker in the poem &quot;Black Woman(Motherhood)&quot; acts as a better mother compared to Lady Capulet.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897868</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897868</guid>
      <description>This is because Lady Capulet is not as concerned about Juliet's feelings towards marriage and having children. 
While, the speaker in the poem &quot;Black Woman&quot; is much more caring towards her child. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:38:47 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with Isha. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897867</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897867</guid>
      <description>This is because Romeo had crashed a party that he was not suppose to attend and that provoked Tybalt. So, I feel that Romeo was in the wrong. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:30:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I do not agree with the marriage of Romeo and Juliet because it happened the day after they met. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897865</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897865</guid>
      <description>But, I think that it was not wise of Friar Lawrence and the Nurse to help them get secretly married. This is because if their families found out then the Nurse and Friar Lawrence would be held accountable for letting Romeo and Juliet. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:26:37 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with Vanesa.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897848</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897848</guid>
      <description>This is because a more modernized version makes it easier for viewers to fully understand the purpose of the play rather than be confused by the old English version. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:21:36 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Yes, I think that the story of Romeo and Juliet is a common text for many students to read. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897845</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897845</guid>
      <description>This is because the story is a very popular work of Shakespeare. Although I think that all 9th graders should read it, there are also many other plays and short stories that are not as common and should be read as well. The reason I say this is because many of us students already know the story. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:19:25 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Although the families in the Modern- Day Romeo and Juliet, did not have a constant feud, both stories are very similar. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897840</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897840</guid>
      <description>I think that you shouldn't have to die in order to love someone. But, at the same time not everyone is able to love who they choose freely because of how the world is. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 12:14:08 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with Vanesa. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897815</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897815</guid>
      <description>It makes the relationship between Romeo and Juliet much more realistic to how many relationship are in real-life.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 11:58:45 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>No, Romeo and Juliet are not wrong for wanting to explore their new relationship but, I think that they rushed into it very quickly.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897797</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897797</guid>
      <description></description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 11:50:13 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>In the movie version of Romeo and Juliet, the party that the Capulet's host is a costume party.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897791</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897791</guid>
      <description> Also in the movie, the way that Romeo and Juliet met, is different. The director's decision to do this, changes how the audience views the play as a whole. The movie modernizes the story of Romeo and Juliet. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 11:43:26 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>In the prologue for Act 1, Shakespeare identifies the story of Romeo and Juliet as a cautionary tale.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897761</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897761</guid>
      <description> This is because Shakespeare wants his audience understand that the hatred between the Capulet and Montagues blinded the families from resolving their feud. The only thing that ends the feud is the death of Romeo and Juliet.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 11:20:11 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>The real-life families(the Hatfield's and the McCoy's) are similar to the Capulets and Montagues</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897736</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1897736</guid>
      <description> This is because in both scenarios, the families have been feuding for a really long time and are not fully sure how it started.  </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 27 May 2020 10:53:32 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>No, I do not agree with her choice in loyalty.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1885417</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/202568?scroll_to=1885417</guid>
      <description>This is because Tybalt was Juliet's cousin and she had met Romeo the night before which makes Romeo practically a stranger. I feel like her loyalty should have been with her family over anything/anyone else. </description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 18 May 2020 10:29:08 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I think that Shakespeare's love is more romantic compared to Petrarch's version of love. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/198270?scroll_to=1855771</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/198270?scroll_to=1855771</guid>
      <description>This is because although Petrarch's version of love is unrequited, it does show the love that one person can have for another although it is not mutual.  Shakespeare's version of love highlights beauty in a person's flaws and makes it as realistic as possible to the audience. Unrequited love is as romantic because it is one sided. </description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 01 May 2020 10:31:17 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree with both Isha and Alvaro. </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/198270?scroll_to=1855747</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/198270?scroll_to=1855747</guid>
      <description>I thought that Baz Luhrmann's version actually explained their audience about what was happening in the play rather then just stating the prologue like Zeffirelli's version did. I also think that because Baz Luhrmann's version was produced in 1996 it was easier for me to interpret compared to Zeffirelli's Romeo &amp; Julitet. </description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 01 May 2020 10:00:41 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
