<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Fr. John Vandenakker</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Fr. John Vandenakker</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/80057</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/80057/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>General Observation/Question.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869887</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869887</guid>
      <description>Given the ubiquitousness of digital media, has anyone ever opted for an exclusively &quot;video&quot; response to discussions (by both students and teachers)? You would have to impose strict limits on comments (say 2 minutes). I know that pedagogically we are trying to foster good writing skills in our students. But given the digital age we live in, should we not also be fostering good &quot;oratorical&quot; skills as well? </description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2020 11:17:37 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Useful for Commenting on Papers too.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869879</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869879</guid>
      <description>Additionally, this seems like an effective tool to use in giving feedback/correction to major written assignments. </description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2020 11:04:42 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Joke</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869874</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869874</guid>
      <description>How about these categories for assigned roles: flaming liberal; intransigent trad; clueless disciple?</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2020 11:01:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Re: Rubrics</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869871</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869871</guid>
      <description>I would encourage students to reply with &quot;bullet points.&quot; This will encourage/help them to keep their comments as concise as possible. </description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2020 10:54:27 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869866</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869866</guid>
      <description>The danger of going &quot;all in&quot; with these new online pedagogical tools is that it tends to make students &quot;produce&quot; more work for a typical class than they are used to (at least from what I have heard). Therefore, in the interest of balance, I would be in favor of a robust and graded weekly discussion section replacing the need for mid-term exams.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2020 10:48:30 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>That will take a lot of time and effort!</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869858</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/140998?scroll_to=1869858</guid>
      <description>I agree Fr. Tim, but worry that in a large class (20+ students), correcting for spelling and grammar can be a lot of work! Especially if it is being done on a weekly basis.</description>
      <pubDate>Sat, 09 May 2020 15:32:19 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
