<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Brandon Maurer</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Brandon Maurer</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/94518</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/94518/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Seeing</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528053</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528053</guid>
      <description>We go through our lives in a rush and hurry without taking the time to really stop and look, so we lose out on some appreciation we might have had if we really saw what was going on around us. Here Janie is seeing someone she has known but she stops and sees them in a different way than she ever saw them before.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 27 Aug 2021 16:19:12 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Picture</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528052</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528052</guid>
      <description>I thought it was interesting to read how Janie did not recognize herself in the picture. She had never seen herself any different than those she always found herself around, but they could easily see her and what made her different.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 27 Aug 2021 16:12:21 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Analogy</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528051</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528051</guid>
      <description>I thought this was an interesting analogy comparing someone's life to that of a great tree in leaf</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 31 Aug 2021 08:52:47 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>While you're watching</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528032</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/231819?scroll_to=2528032</guid>
      <description>When you want something you look for it. When you have an idea of what you want or what it is you want you are always on the lookout, trying to find it. Some men's wishes stay sailing on the horizon never landing until the person looking looks away. Sometimes the key to finding what you desire is to look away and let it find you.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:56:50 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Very sad</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380520</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380520</guid>
      <description>I find it very sad to see a student at such a young age to be so exhausted and stressed due to school that she wants to give. Especially for her to be the hardest worker and to be held back.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>simile</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380519</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380519</guid>
      <description>I noticed this simile too. I thought it was a good rhetorical choice to really help the audience understand how you he felt at that time.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>i agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380518</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380518</guid>
      <description>I agree with what you're saying here Flora. I felt I could relate to what the second grade student was feeling. It also made me feel bad for the student that they are going through state testing at that young of an age. I know we juniors still get exhausted this many years later.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>i agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380516</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380516</guid>
      <description>I was wondering the same thing when i read this line. The use of whales is very unusual compared to sharks. My thought was that sharks have a negative connotation so saying a sea of sharks would imply that there was a sea of bad or negative things when in reality there is only a sea of the same thing.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Crawled Back Inside</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380513</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380513</guid>
      <description>It's interesting how he phrases the student crawling back into her computer. It's also very interesting how accurate this really is to how state testing feels.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Stop Daydreaming</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380511</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380511</guid>
      <description>This is one of many things I have mixed feelings about. When a kid comes to school they come to learn what is thought they need to know to be functional members of our society. So it makes me wonder why we have to lose our creativeness and imagination and our daydreaming to have a chance to be that functional member that we are supposed to be.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Giving Up</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380509</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380509</guid>
      <description>I find it sad that at age 7 a kid already wants to give up school. At our age we joke about giving up and how tough school is, but I find it crazy to think about a 7-year-old wanting to give up in the same way</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>State Testing</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380508</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380508</guid>
      <description>I think it is quite crazy that state testing begins as early as 7 years old for some kids. That is a very young age to be sat down for such a long time and to test.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>i agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380505</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380505</guid>
      <description>I agree with what you're saying here Katie. The &quot;ALIVE&quot; part of the title is very significant to the message the author is trying to get across.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:01 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>That Poster</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380279</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380279</guid>
      <description>I find the author's comment on the poster interesting. The message on the poster is &quot;you can do anything if you put your mind to it&quot;. The author tells his son that the poster wont move them out of the hood. I find this interesting because of course that one poster is not going to help you move but the message on it is meant to inspire or reinforce what some are doubting.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:00:00 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Sea of Reefs</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380247</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380247</guid>
      <description>Going off the sentence right beforehand talking about his mind being a grenade this is saying that if he uses his mind he could &quot;explode&quot; or escape into a &quot;sea of reefs&quot; or a better place or neighborhood.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:59 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Mind isnt a grenade</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380235</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380235</guid>
      <description>This comparison of his sons mind to a grenade is a good thing. It is saying that his sons mind is large and bright and strong</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:59 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>To see the world</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380199</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380199</guid>
      <description>Here we can see the hopes and dreams and overall positive outlook of a young child who wants to explore the world and its many wonders. The author fears there will only ever be swamps for his son to find meaning he worries his son will only ever find bad parts of the world</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:58 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Pray he can swim</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380155</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380155</guid>
      <description>Here we can see the author continuing to hope for the best for his son. He says he hopes his son go swim as far as can reach and there are cliffs, shores, or horizons. This is him saying he hopes is son fill go as far as he wants and can and hopes there is nothing stopping him in his way.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:58 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Flying High</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380120</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380120</guid>
      <description>Here the author talks about being at recess and swinging so high he could almost see beyond the rooftops. What I find interesting from this section is that it feels like a fond memory, like that amazing moment of excitement when it feels you could do anything and you could just fly away and be free. It makes me wonder what inevitably crushed this excitement.  </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:57 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Sea of whales</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380089</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380089</guid>
      <description>I find this comparison the author makes to be very interesting. He says &quot;the world is a sea of whales&quot; and in its context I find it to be something bad, but when I think of whale i do not think of them as bad. This makes me wonder if what were supposed to take from this is that whales themselves are not necessarily bad, but a sea of only whales and nothing else is. </description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:56 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Same School Different View</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380059</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380059</guid>
      <description>Here the author talks about how he is sending his son to the same school he dropped out of and he hopes his gets a different view then he did. From this we gather that the author was a drop out, but also that he was not given a good view in school. He says he hopes this time the teachers will give him the tools to see for himself, which makes me wonder how the author was seeing things when he was in school.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:55 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Puddle Ocean</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380030</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2380030</guid>
      <description>Here Quartez Harris talks about his son running his hand through a puddle of water. I think the big idea to grasp from this one sentence is the imagination that his son still holds. as we grow older our imaginations tend to die out or shrivel up. The big idea here is his son is still young enough to have the imagination to imagine a puddle to be an ocean.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:59 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Discovering Oppression</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2379960</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2379960</guid>
      <description>I find it interesting that this quote would talk about discovering oppression while you are still in school. School is supposed to be a safe place to learn for everyone, but this is saying it is where some people discover their oppression.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:54 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>title</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2379887</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263250?scroll_to=2379887</guid>
      <description>This title interests me because the big focus on ALIVE makes me wonder if that was something difficult to do. It makes me wonder what these kids would be going through to make to where getting to school is a life threatening challenge.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:59:54 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Exigence</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375264</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375264</guid>
      <description>I think the exigence, like the purpose, has to do with overcoming hardships for the reward that waits for you at the end. This is exactly what David does as he overcomes, through pain and fear, the constant abuse that his teacher brings, and makes a big leap to achieving his goal of speaking fluent French, by being able to fully understand what his teacher is saying.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:48:45 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Audience </title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375252</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375252</guid>
      <description>I think the main audience for this piece are those learning a new language, just like David was. Throughout the whole piece his main focus is on learning how to speak French fluently and what he did not know. Even the title of the piece has to do with speaking and speaking correctly</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:39:03 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Tone</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375244</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375244</guid>
      <description>I noticed several different tones throughout this piece. David starts the piece with a tone of excitement to be in a new place to learn something he wants to learn. As it goes on though his tone starts to become that of sadness and fear as he starts to feel more and more alone and fearful to speak due to the harshness of his teacher. Finally towards the end of the piece the tone of excitement returns when he realizes he could fully understand what his teacher was saying to him.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:04:59 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>An appeal</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375239</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375239</guid>
      <description>In this part right here I feel David Sedaris is setting up his appeal to his audience. He shares details about himself that many can sympathize with. He is a student, which is already one thing, but he is also forty-one. An age I can imagine most would not want to be while still being in school as a student.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:28:10 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>A purpose is found</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375228</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/263224?scroll_to=2375228</guid>
      <description>I think there is a purpose to be found in this section. I think the purpose of this is that even through the bad and awful it will eventually get better. David writes of the pain his teacher brought upon him and his fellow students, but then everything clicks and he understands everything his teacher is saying and he asks her to say more. I think that is what the purpose of this piece is. To share how good can come from some bad.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:21:42 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I agree</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/262700?scroll_to=2372495</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/262700?scroll_to=2372495</guid>
      <description>I agree with what you're saying here. The way he repeatedly says &quot;This is a training ground&quot; really drives his point that this is a place where you are trained and not taught. This makes me wonder where school went wrong down the line. From a place that was meant to teach and educate to a place that many hate. It makes me wonder where it went wrong and how can it be fixed?</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 09 Mar 2021 13:26:54 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Hope and perseverance</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/260957?scroll_to=2359622</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/260957?scroll_to=2359622</guid>
      <description>I think the theme for this piece lies within hope and perseverance. Frederick Douglass held on to hope that one day he would escape slavery and he persevered to continue learning to read and write and to survive the terrible system he was in.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:02:10 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Agreed theme</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/260283?scroll_to=2354513</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/260283?scroll_to=2354513</guid>
      <description>I agree with what you're saying here with this theme. That we are always growing and have our younger selves inside of us. </description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 25 Feb 2021 14:17:21 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Possible Theme</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/260283?scroll_to=2354506</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/260283?scroll_to=2354506</guid>
      <description>I think a possible theme to be found in this story is that of wishing you knew things back when they happened. In the writing she says she wished she was older so she would know what to say, and I think that is something all of us have experienced. That moment of I should have said this or I should have done that. I think that is what this piece is playing with as Rachel talks about wishing she was one hundred and two.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 25 Feb 2021 14:12:50 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Agreed theme</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/260279?scroll_to=2354468</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/260279?scroll_to=2354468</guid>
      <description>I agree with the theme that you have presented here. The idea of understanding and having empathy instead of hatred and spite is a good one that would serve the world better if more people thought this way.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 20 Apr 2021 22:01:28 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Possible theme</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/260279?scroll_to=2354453</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/260279?scroll_to=2354453</guid>
      <description>I find an important theme in this story is that of trying to help others, rather then what you may believe they deserve. Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones could have taken Rodger to jail and he may not have learned a lesson or gotten the help he needed. Instead she takes him to her house and helps him, hopefully teaching him a lesson that he would not have gotten if she took him to jail.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 20 Apr 2021 22:01:28 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Stanza 4</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/258111?scroll_to=2332959</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/258111?scroll_to=2332959</guid>
      <description>In this stanza the author continues the tonka form with the 5 7 5 7 7 line scheme and talks about rich people and the problems with them. These being how the public sees them as heroes and how they have tons of money, where it says &quot;rollin out the rolls&quot;. The author continues to talk about these problems when they go on to to talk about how they can get away with &quot;cheatin on your (black) wife&quot; and &quot;beatin on your (white) wife.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 11 Feb 2021 13:53:28 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>deeper further</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/257626?scroll_to=2326801</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/257626?scroll_to=2326801</guid>
      <description>This would go very well with the topic i mention further down where I talked about there may have been the passing away of the grandfather. If that is what happened reading jokes from the almanac and laughing and talking about it would be a good way to distract yourself from the pain of your loss. Especially to have the child over for company now that the grandmother would be in a house all alone.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 09 Feb 2021 13:39:03 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Man with buttons</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/257626?scroll_to=2326734</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/257626?scroll_to=2326734</guid>
      <description>We see there is a grandmother and a child and the grandmother is sad with tears. Something that stuck out to me was there was no mention of a grandfather, the grandmother was sad, and the child drew a picture of a man. Maybe the grandfather passed away recently or it is the anniversary of his passing.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 09 Feb 2021 13:25:33 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>A good way to go</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/247092?scroll_to=2299610</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/247092?scroll_to=2299610</guid>
      <description>The final moment that Morrie wishes for is the final moment I think many people wish they could have, and it is sad to think that there are some that will not get this final moment where all your loved ones are around with you. It makes me want to make sure that I am there for the people I love.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 01 Feb 2021 12:17:28 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>What money won't bring you</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/247092?scroll_to=2299515</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/247092?scroll_to=2299515</guid>
      <description>I feel this to be another one of the ideas in our culture that has been brainwashed into us like Morrie was talking about earlier in our reading. That constant feeling to need more and to be rich is a hard one to get rid of. Even when you know it will not bring you what you really want, which is what Morrie is talking about here. It is a hard idea to remember and hold on to.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jan 2021 13:55:17 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Embrace Aging</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/247092?scroll_to=2299472</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/247092?scroll_to=2299472</guid>
      <description>I like the way that Morrie talks about aging here. Aging is often seen as a bad and scary thing. I know I find it that way when I think about being a senior in high school next school year. Morrie's view on aging is a nice one to think about and remember.</description>
      <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jan 2021 13:39:33 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Pity Party</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/246954?scroll_to=2269265</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/246954?scroll_to=2269265</guid>
      <description>I feel like this is something a lot more people should do, including myself. To take a step back and appreciate all the good in one's life and all that they have and to not always focus on the negative and what they desire. It is something that can be more difficult to do then it sounds but something that should be attempted more often.</description>
      <pubDate>Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:57:08 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Jack and the &quot;boys&quot; say goodbye</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180386</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180386</guid>
      <description>At this point we see Jack telling Arnold, Norman, and Lucien goodbye as they board the train to Milwaukie. I find this scene to be a sweet goodbye as we see Jack tell Lucien that he does mean business and Lucien tells Jack to keep his balloon. Then he talks to Norman about keys and doughnuts. Finally, Arnold is still upset at first but as the train is leaving he shouts at Jack telling him &quot;he has better behavior patterns than most other people&quot;, and he doesn't seem as upset anymore. As the train rides off we see everyone waving and smiling and shouting nice things to each other as they leave each other's sight. This provides a nice closure as their current relations are not ended on a sour note and everyone appears to be happy.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:36:29 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Jack takes Barry to the golf place</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180342</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180342</guid>
      <description>I find this scene to be a very strong one. When I was first watching and I saw where they were going I thought Barry was going to try and redeem himself you could say, in his own eyes. I thought he was upset at himself and wanted to prove to himself and Jack that he could do it, but that isn't what happened. What happened was he hit the golf ball and he hit it very well. What you learn is that he actually is good, but he didn't want to show his dad because he knew his dad wouldn't care for the right reasons like Jack would. I think this gives us some really strong insights into Barry and who he is.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 03 Sep 2021 09:47:18 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>The fallout of Jack explaining that he is leaving</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180185</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180185</guid>
      <description>I think an important part of what is happening here is how much Jack truly cares for all of them. You can tell how much he isn't enjoying telling them he's leaving and even when they start to react poorly to what they have been told he is still trying to help them the best he can.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 03 Sep 2021 09:47:18 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Barry's visit with his dad and then Jack leaving</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180175</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180175</guid>
      <description>As the movie has gone on we have seen each character have something coming up or they were looking forward to. For Lucien, there was the talk with the senators. For Arnold, there was returning the groceries, which he finally does and is very excited by. For Norman, there was the dance with Sheila and then her coming over. For Barry, it was his dad coming to see him. Barry's big build-up was the only one that really went per se. Adding the encounter with his dad and Jack leaving we can really see Barry upset with what has been happening recently. </description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 06 Nov 2020 14:05:11 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>The party and Jack leaving</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180167</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/240008?scroll_to=2180167</guid>
      <description>I feel at this scene with the party it really adds conflict to Jack's decision to leave. It really shows him what he'll be missing, and a part of him still wants to stay, so it has to give him a bad feeling to see them throw him a party when he knows he'll have to tell them he's leaving.</description>
      <pubDate>Fri, 03 Sep 2021 09:47:18 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Recipient/Audience: Who seems to be the intended audience for the poem?</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/238472?scroll_to=2170715</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/238472?scroll_to=2170715</guid>
      <description>I feel the audience for this poem is those going through a tough time or a rough patch. The people who have been through so much that they have come to believe nothing will go right. I think Rupi Kaur is trying to reach out to these people and is trying to tell them to let others help them. To let the people in their lives help them get better because it is important to remember there are people who care about you and people you can talk to, who will listen to what you have to say. That is who I believe the intended audience to be.</description>
      <pubDate>Wed, 28 Oct 2020 15:30:39 -0400</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
