<rss xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Ryan Carroll</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Ryan Carroll</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/97236</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/97236/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>Possibilities for music class</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/132976?scroll_to=2221583</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/132976?scroll_to=2221583</guid>
      <description>In the past I have used Youtube and other similar platforms for students to post their work so that other students can see. However, reading this makes me wonder if I can do something like this for a virtual concert, or other way for students to share their work with their parents. </description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 01 Dec 2020 11:19:34 -0800</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Relationships with students are best forged by gaining some level of appreciation of their interests, and most importantly not forgetting what it was like to be a kid yourself.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/132976?scroll_to=2221551</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/132976?scroll_to=2221551</guid>
      <description>Negative assumptions or judgements from older generations only serves to weaken the relationship we have between teachers and students. It may be difficult, but I like to put myself in my student's shoes. Although playing video games might be silly to me, it may be one of the single most important things in my student's life. Then I need to remember some of the &quot;silly&quot; things from when I was a kid. I am only 25 so this may be easier for me than for someone who is older, but I still think it is essential not to forget how your students feel about the things they are into. By keeping this thought well in the front of your mind you can help forge deep and meaningful relationships with our students.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 01 Dec 2020 10:44:07 -0800</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>Social Isolation appears to be a significant issue</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/132976?scroll_to=2221530</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/132976?scroll_to=2221530</guid>
      <description>I believe that the biggest risk in allowing students to participate online is the influence of social media websites. Sites like Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, Twitter, Tumbler, and so many others provide platforms individuals of all ages to become detached from reality. I see students all too often discussing what someone said or did on Facebook. Although social interactions on a digital front may arguably have positive effects on students' development, it certainly detracts from their ability to interact in reality.</description>
      <pubDate>Tue, 01 Dec 2020 10:31:59 -0800</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
