<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel>
    <title>Comments by Arne-Matthew Bernal</title>
    <description>Most recent public comments by Arne-Matthew Bernal</description>
    <link>https://nowcomment.com/users/99923</link>
    <atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://nowcomment.com/users/99923/comments"/>
    <item>
      <title>At this point in his job, I don't think he is safe there anymore.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/250942?scroll_to=2289108</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/250942?scroll_to=2289108</guid>
      <description>It was all fine until he asked to learn more about his work and educating himself and when he was accused of referring to his boss without a title. A simple mistake like this shouldn't warrant a physical reaction like being pinned against the wall and when Morrie said that he would never lie just shows the power they have over a young black like Richard.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 24 Jan 2021 23:09:06 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>The entire conversation escalates very quickly.</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/250942?scroll_to=2289090</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/250942?scroll_to=2289090</guid>
      <description>After days of working with this optical company, he had a decent standing with his boss and the workers around. After some realization, he notices that he isn't learning anything from this job as he wanted and when he asked he was yelled at for trying to educate himself and gets patronized and talked down upon. I think that this conversation is a good example of racial injustice because Richard's white boss refuses to teach a black boy.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 24 Jan 2021 23:33:10 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
    <item>
      <title>I don't think $5 a week is bad for someone as young as Richard during this time</title>
      <link>https://nowcomment.com/documents/250942?scroll_to=2289086</link>
      <guid isPermaLink="true">https://nowcomment.com/documents/250942?scroll_to=2289086</guid>
      <description>I think given the time era of this at biography that $5 a week is not bad especially for a kid. I looked up the conversion of $5 in today's money and he is earning around $70 in today's world.</description>
      <pubDate>Sun, 24 Jan 2021 23:00:17 -0500</pubDate>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
