Click this image to return to The Profile Playlist.
Profile Genre Analysis Guiding Questions
- Who is the audience?
- In what context is this genre often used?
- Who typically uses this genre and for what purpose?
- How is this genre formatted (e.g., paragraphs, lists, greetings)?
- What are any visual cues that are important (e.g., bullets, highlights, bolding)?
- What is the level of formality in the language?
- What kind of information does the author tell about the person they are profiling (e.g., facts, quotes, references, images)?
Source for this collection:
Early, Jessica Singer. Next Generation Genres: Teaching Writing for Civic and Academic Engagement (p. 84). W. W. Norton & Company. Kindle Edition.