Any registered and logged in user who wishes to view or change his/her user name and/or email address and/or avatar image (to update them or make them not personally identifiable) can do so by editing their account information, located at <http://nowcomment.com/account>.
By default, last names are hidden on public documents and in public groups. Hiding last names is always an option.
If you have any other question or concern about how Paul Allison handles your personal data, please email us at [email protected]
Other comments about your personally identifiable information:
- If a comment is posted through your account our software identifies that post by the user name you’ve given us but, in an effort to protect you from “spam” and other unsolicited email, does not display your email address on those pages. Be careful however not to include any personal or identifying information in your postings as that information would be accessible by others.
- It is always possible that our Site, our offices, or the offices/facilities of our web hosting company or contractors could be the victim of a computer security breach (an intentional attack or inadvertent error or even negligence on our part), so we cannot guarantee that the information you provide us is absolutely safe.
- Data about user's IP address is stored in our system logs in order to help deal with any suspected cases of spam or malicious site activity; we do not use this data for any other purpose, and it is periodically deleted (every year as of 5/2018). Except in problem situations like the above we do not cross-reference IP addresses with other user data.
- To comply with GDPR regulations, we use opt-in permission for sending Invitations (very critical to the smooth operation of the site) and newsletters.
- Email information(at)nowcomment.com if you would like your account to be deleted at any time.
Commitment to Your Privacy and Exception Cases
Paul Allison is strongly committed to respecting your privacy concerns. We don’t ask for personally identifiable information other than your name and email address (and, if you choose to, a photograph of yourself because that encourages conversation among people who know each other).
As of August 2020, over the twenty years we have operated websites, we have never shared personally identifiable information with other entities nor do we generally expect to share that information with other entities; however, we reserve the right in the following exception cases to disclose personally identifiable information about you (including history and content information about your account) without your prior consent if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with legal process or other legal (or emergency) requirements of any governmental authority;
- allow outside contractors or staff members to use information that you have provided to or through FAIRNESS.COM LLC or this Site, information obtained from “cookie” computer files, and connection data such as your IP address to troubleshoot, test, and maintain the performance and functionality of our Site or to generate aggregate profile data about our users;
- protect and defend the rights, safety, interests, or property of FAIRNESS.COM LLC, its employees, its members, or other users of this Site;
- enforce the User Agreement Governing Conditions of Service and Posting; or
- fulfill services you have requested.
We also reserve the right to provide user information in aggregate form to third parties such as advertisers and sponsors.
[Last updated: August 16, 2020]