Adding NowComment Document Discussions to other Web Pages (“Embedding”)
It's fast and easy to “embed” a Public Document and its comments from our website onto a page on your website (if the Document Owner has set up a document as Private, our default, it cannot be embedded):
- Go to the “More” menu of your NowComment Public document
- Choose the “Embed in another web page” option to generate a 1-line HTML “embed code”
- Give that embed code to whoever controls the pages on your site (if it's your own site that's you!) and specify exactly where on the page you want the NowComment document+comments to appear
- It will only take that person 10 seconds or so to copy-and-paste that embed code into the other web page's HTML source code and save it
That's the entire process!
- Embedded documents can only display in 1-pane (“Combined”) view on your website, not in our default 2-pane view.
- An embedded NowComment page will take a few seconds longer to load than the rest of your page; this is normal.
- Here's what an embed code looks like (but go to a Public, copying this sample won't work):
<iframe height="600px" width="100%" src="http://nowcomment.com/documents/30636/combined?embedded=true"></iframe>
[Last updated November 9, 2016]